The Kestrel RT700 was Selected by Outside Magazine as Gear of the Year - click here for the article
Brand NEW Kestrel Talon Carbon Road Bike +NEW SRAM Force 20 Speed + Factory Authorized Promotional offer
Available now at an incredible Factory Direct discount.
2010 SRAM Force 20 Speed Drivetrain - SRAM Force Carbon Cranks, SRAM Force
Derailleurs and Shifters AND Superlight Brakes - Profile
Bar, Stem, Kestrel Carbon Aero Seatpost and Mavic Wheelset too!
Highest Quality Carbon
Since 1987, Kestrel has been meticulously hand-building their carbon frames using the tightest quality control standards in the industry. Their goal - perfecting the science of speed. Kestrel was the first to launch an all carbon bike and thus wrote the book on bicycle performance: weight, stiffness, efficiency, and even the shape of the bicycle itself. With over 20 years of carbon fiber experience under their belts, Kestrel is a name you can feel confident in.
Kestrel's geometry has been painstakingly refined to maximize ride comfort and handling grip. Every Kestrel frame comes with a matching, frame-specific fork that's engineered and ride tuned for perfectly balanced handling with a sensitive road feel and superb ride comfort. The Talon has been said to have one of "the most aero frames you can legally race".
As in the award winning RT700, the Talon uses Kestrel's unmatched carbon fiber know-how for a superior riding experience. Superb stiffness, superior strength, durability and Kestrel's legendary aerodynamic geometry lend to a road-smoothing ride with precise handling and efficient power transfer. Size-specific tuning optimizes the ride for every size, so you get the same precise handling with a responsive feel regardless of how big you are or where you ride.
This newest 2010 Talon is formed from an even more weight-shaving Enhanced Modulus Carbon fiber hybrid into a Modular monocoque aerodynamic frame design.
* Constantly varying tube sections and optimized shapes throughout, for increased torsional rigidity and bottom bracket stiffness
* Semi-sloping top tube for lower center of gravity and stiffer main triangle
* Structurally optimized one-piece modular Monocoque main triangle
* Size-specific, proportionally scaled tube and junction profiles for consistent ride quality and superior stiffness in every size
* Aero-sculpted and sleek, for solo breakaways
* Reinforced bottom bracket and chainstays for power transfer
* Dedicated Kestrel EMS Carbon fork, co-engineered with the frame for balanced handling feel and precision
* Full Internal cable routing
* Semi-integrated headset for a low profile, optimal stiffness and full replaceability
* Ultraclean rear brake cable exit integrated into seatpost binder
* Proprietary, dropouts and fork
* Replaceable derailleur hanger
* Sculpted H-shape seatstays are tuned to damp vibration so less road buzz reaches the saddle
* Precision-tuned fork for cutting fast downhill bends or criterium corners
Frame weight = 1.2kg* (approx avg.)
The Kestrel RT700 chosen by Outside Magazine as Gear of the Year - click here for the article
Factory Direct Pricing
Other online retailers are selling comparably equipped bikes for $4,500 and up.
Order yours while we still have them - We only have a very limited number of these available for $1,695.98
Each Talon is Up to 80-90 percent assembled and factory packed for shipping (some assembly and tuning/cable routing still required)
Please allow an additional 2 to 3 days time before your tracking number shows movement
General Sizing Guide
48cm - 5'5" to 5'7"
52cm - 5'7" to 5'10"
55cm - 5'10" to 6'
57cm - 6' to 6'3"
60cm - 6'3" to 6'5"
This is a general guide, please consult the geometry chart.
Sizing is a personal preference, the final choice is up to you